The Daily Scoop II, Island Creamery & Ice Cream Frenzy

Out of the numerous local ice cream parlors I have visited, the Daily Scoop is probably second only to Tom's Palette. Utterly avocado contained a fair amount of creamy pulp was lusciously smooth and rich. The intense matcha flavor in the green tea and red beans ice cream left me equally satisfied. As the ice cream portions here are pretty generous, I would advise one not to go for more than two scoops ($5.20) at a go after a meal.

Outlets:
41 Sunset Way
Clementi Arcade #01-04
Opening hours: 11am-9pm (Mon-Thu), 11am-10pm (Fri & Sat), 2pm-9pm (Sun); closed on selected PH

41 Jalan Merah Saga
Chip Bee Gardens #01-78
Opening hours: 11am-10pm (Mon-Thu), 11am-10.30pm (Fri & Sat), 2pm-10pm (Sun); closed on selected PH

While it has its devotees, Island Creamery left me disappointed. I was initially excited about their range of local ice cream flavors, but I was so disatisfied with the flavors I had sampled (namely chendol, papaya sorbet, pulut hitam and teh tarik) that I was tempted to leave without getting any ice cream.

For courtesy's sake, I ordered a scoop of Black Forest ($3) as it had been honored in the Straits Times' 2009 compilation of the 100 Best Dishes in Singapore. Comprising dark chocolate ice cream spiked up with rum- and brandy-soaked cherries, this flavor fared better than those that I had tried but still failed the texture test.

Island Creamery
10 Jalan Serene
Serene Centre #01-03
Opening hours: 11am-10pm daily
 Located near Ayer Rajah Food Centre, Ice Cream Frenzy is a convenient spot for a cool dessert fix after a meal. While the Green Tea flavor was nicely bittersweet, Cheese Biscuit was rather ambiguous in flavor. Again, the texture of the ice cream here did not live up to expectations as it was a tad too hard.

Price: $5.50 for two scoops

Blk 501 West Coast Drive #01-250
Opening hours: 11am-11pm (Sun-Thu), 11am-12am (Fri-Sat)