National Geographic Café

Ask anyone about National Geographic, its world-famous publish will immediately appear in their thoguht bubble. When this question is thrown to a photographer, he or she will probably start telling you about the gorgeous images that constantly appear in their periodicals. As for me, I have been a big fan of them even way before I took up my photographic hobby. When I visited their flatship store at Vivocity, it was then I realized there was more than meets the eye.

Occupying a significant portion of the shopspace, the National Geographic Café is helmed by a Spanish chef who specializes in pincho dishes which are prepared using natural and healthy ingredients.

Green Tea Gunpowder - $5

Got aptly named due to the appearance of its tealeaf pellets shared close resemblance with that of gunpowder pellets, my Green Tea Gunpowder ($5) gave a hearty aroma before I took my sip.

DSC_8873

Potato Purée ($6) topped with smoked salmon and pineapple carpaccio.

Grilled Mushrooms - $6

The second to arrive, Grilled Mushrooms ($6) was well seasoned and toothsome. Its serving was too small for the two of us though.

White Asparagus - $6

Based on my understanding, white asparagus is a seasonal delicacy and usually more tender than its common green cousin. For the café which serves this dish all year long, canned ingredient could have been used. Oh well, who cares whether it's tinned or fresh as long as it makes one's tastebud happy.

A good selection from Spain - $11

A good selection from Spain ($11) comprises a mouth-watering selection of cured smoked meats. I figure that this dish would make one good beer buddy.

DSC_8882

As the café only serves light snacks, I will point my finger to elsewhere if you are looking to a filling treat.

DSC_8888

My next year birthday wish

This made it to my next year's birthday list (*hint).
(No, not the brown sling bag, but the rock underneath it.)

Gallery

While feasting my eyes on the breath-taking pictures on display, I seemingly started to appreciate the noble visions of the guys behind National Geographic, as well as their tremendous research and expedition efforts spent in showcasing the many beautiful sides of Mother Earth where we ordinary people have little access to. As all net proceeds will go to fund NG's vital exploration, conservation and education programs, there I have one more excuse to return for some savoury bites.

OCBC credit card members can get 10% off total bill, valid through Monday to Friday only.


National Geographic Café
#01-19 VivoCity
1 HarbourFront Walk
Daily, 10am – 10pm
6376 9557