Cassia @ Capella

07 Nov 2012

Recently, a couple of demoralizing things happened in the office.  Additional workload and what seemed to me like biased treatment top the list.  But even as I was very frustrated, there was a inner voice within that seemed to be saying “Letting GO is the best solution”.  Therefore I chose to focus on the things that would make me happy!  Food!!



So for today's lunch we went to a very nice Chinese restaurant, Cassia, which gets its inspiration from the age-old spice routes in Southern and Western China and the seas around Singapore.

When you first enter the restaurant you will be welcomed by the intimate dining room that overflows onto an outdoor terrace, overlooking verdant gardens and the distant city. I booked a table behind the partition for privacy (no minimum spending required).


We ordered a wide array of dimsum which I will be recommending 1 by 1.

Item 1 is the Black Truffle Char Siew Bao. $9.60 for 4. The bun is filled with strong truffle aroma and tender char siew. Bun does not stick to the teeth and is not too sweet.


Item 2 is the Abalone Siew Mai. $12 for 4.  The appearance itself is already 100 marks!  Abalone is not too chewy and the taste is heavenly.  Personally for me, the best way to savor it is to pop the whole abalone into my mouth before targeting the siew mai immediately after.  The meat that they used in the siew mai is not gammy like some other dimsum place.


Item 3 is Har Gao. $6.80 for 4. The prawns used were fresh and succulent.  The outer skin was not hard and dry or too thick.


Item 4 is the XO Carrot Cake. $6.80 for a portion.  Carrot cake was fried with scallop and prawns for an even fresher taste.


Item 5 is Crystal Dumpling.  $6 for 4.  Filled with black truffle, carrot and mushroom in a clear crystal skin.

Item 6 is Homemade Scallop Rice Roll.  $6.80 for a portion.


We also ordered the Roast Pork Belly. $16 for a portion.  I cannot comment on this item as I am not a huge fan of pork.


Lastly is the dessert to complete my meal!  Tianjin Pear Tea.  $8 each.  Cassia removes the seeds of the pear and boils it with tangerine and wolfberries. I instantly felt prettier after drinking it!


To sum the whole lunch, Cassia definitely warrants a revisit.  For those who are interested to have their wedding dinner here, I’m sad to say that they can only accommodate 80 pax and the table arrangement is pre-fixed as the centre row of sofas is not movable.  Be it the service, food quality or presentation, one word describes Cassia : Impeccable.   This is my second visit here and they have once again impressed me with their level of service standards!

 My verdict 4.5/5

Few more photos of me and my friends from work!
Sockleng on the left and Sheryl on the right.

And of cos dear Liteng whom i have known for close to a decade.

At the beautiful walkway outside Cassia


Cassia
1 The Knolls
Sentosa Island
Tel: 6377 6688