Comin' Atcha Live from the Mid-South

My wife and I sneaked off to Memphis for a little break and to take in a concert from one of our favorite artists, Tupelo, Mississippi's own Mr. Paul Thorn. For those of you who don't know Paul Thorn, he is a singer-songwriter in the same vein as John Hiatt, John Prine, and Delbert McClinton and I believe his latest album was number one on the Americana charts earlier this year. This was about the sixth time Jill and I have seen him and he and the band never disappoint.

As an added bonus, when we got here we discovered that Steve Poltz was the opening act. My kids will be so jealous! Poltz wrote a song with his former band called "Hitchhiker Joe" that my kids love and sing all the time. (He also wrote a little song with some girl named Jewel you might have called "You Were Meant for Me," but my kids are way more impressed with "Hitchhiker Joe.")

At any rate, it's always nice to take a breather after a hectic week (I had about half a dozen evidentiary hearings in two states this week) and kick back with family and friends. I hope everyone else out there has a great Labor Day!