La Strada

This is not my 1st time I patronised restaurant under the Les Amis Group's. My last visit to Bistro du Vin (next door) has been a tasteful and memorable one.

Whose hands were those?

Most of us chose their $28++ 2-course set lunch (include starter and main) for we all knew that more desserts were awaiting us elsewhere.

Bread with Olive Oil
Complimentary toasted bread with olive oil

Duo of Crostini
Duo of Crostini
It came with 2 slices of toasted bread, each topped with a different spread. Since this was not my choice of starter, Serene was generous enough to offer me some of her Pork Ragu. The herb mixed with minced pork together left behind a somewhat indescribable aftertaste.

Cream of Apple and Carrot
Soup of the Day - Cream of Apple and Carrot
Nothing particular that I liked about this soup, except it kicked back memories about my home cooked apple soup. I kinda regretted not picking the highly commended Duo of Crostini.

Smoked Salmon Mesclun Salad
Smoked Salmon Mesclun Salad
This was Kaelyn's off-the-menu salad. Pretty as it appeared, we were all happily shooting away and it did take a while for her to realize it was a wrong order. Acknowledging their mistake, the service staff offered their sincere apologies and the dish was immediately sent back to the kitchen.

Tuna with Mesclun Salad
Tuna with Mesclun Salad
Before long, the proper dish arrived.

Fire-wooded Pizza
Fire-wooded Pizza
While waiting for our main courses to arrive, one of the waitstaff kindly offered us some slices of their fire-wooded pizza. The lingering woody flavour complemented well its tomato and herb paste.

Char Grilled 70 day Grain-fed Beef Sirloin
Char Grilled 70 day grain-fed Beef Sirloin, mesclun Sald, cream potatoes
My instinct told me to go for medium rare, for anything beyond that would not do justice to the 70 day tender meat. Ahh... This sirloin steak must be the best steak I had in the recent years.

Pan-fried Salmon with Mesclun Salad
Pan-fried Salmon with mesclun salad, roasted new potatoes

Tart of the Day
Tart of the Day
If you are to go for their 3-course set, it comes with a dessert, choice of sorbet, tart of the day or tiramisu.

Madeleines
Madeleines
To wrap up our lunch, we were offered some of their mini Madeleines, fresh from the oven. Neither too sweet nor buttery, these yummy treats just went well with our complimentary tea or coffee. Very thoughtful of them indeed.

La Strada

Apart from their comforting bistro fare, classy yet casual ambience, I must say I was pleasantly impressed by their service standard. The service staff was not just knowledgable of the menu, but Italian cuisine as a whole. My little world of this cuisinary branch has expanded far beyond just spaghetti and pizza.

It was my pleasure to be at the same table with a group of food connoisseurs. They were Daniel, Serene, Kaelyn, Justin and his lovely mum.

Do check out their reviews at the followings:

Justin J2K3blogs.com

Kaelyn My Food Sirens

Daniel Memoirs of Food


La Strada
1 Scotts Road
#02-10/11 Shaw Centre
Business Hours: Lunch, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Tel: 6737 2555