Frigidarium

Frigidarium has a 9.1 food and beverage rating on Hungrygowhere, and has consistenly garnered excellent (and credible) reviews. Naturally, stargirl the gelato fanatic had to make her way down to Market Street to try out their creams!

As usual, outfitted in my school uniform, I felt out of place mingling with the suit-wearing executives while making my way to the shop at Market Street Car Park (near Lau Pa Sat). I could feel the eyes on me as I stepped into the cozy shop... but after walking up to the counter, I soon found myself at ease. Nothing beats friendly, smiley staff who're willing to let you try many flavors as you like! In fact, while handing me the samples of the flavors I had requested to try, the lady at the counter actually gave me samples of several other recommended flavors as well.

Nut Chocolate + Yogurt ($5.20)
I sampled many flavors before eventually settling on nut chocolate and yogurt. It was a tough deicison cos all the flavors were so fabulous, delivering an intense and robust sensation to the tastebuds! Nut chocolate was aromatic of hazelnuts, complemented by a gentle chocolate flavor. Yogurt was equally good, and had a creamier mouthfeel. I liked the strawberry flavor that I sampled a lot too, which packed a punch of the characteristic flavor of the summery vine fruit.

The consistency of Frigidarium's gelato really hit the spot. As you may be able to see from the picture above, it's silky smooth and soft, with a light, velvet-like mouthfeel! Lovely stuff. Perhaps it's also due to the fact that the gelati here is made fresh daily. You also be able to see that the gelato here has little air incorporated into it, giving rise to a dense and creamy texture.

Frigidarium is unmistaketably a great place to check out for very good authentic gelato. Being the supplier of gelato to Ristorante da Valentino and Capricci, you are bound to be satisfied with the delicious creams at Frigidarium! That being said, I still like the richer and somewhat ice-cream-like texture from the gelato(?) at Galta very much.

Fabulous flavors + excellent texture (+great service) makes a fantastic pair. I'll surely drop by Frigidarium again! Boy, I'm sure jealous of the people who work in the vicinity of the this marvelous find..

Frigidarium
146 Market Street
#01-40 Market Street Car Park
Mon-Thu: 11am-7.30pm
Fri: 11am-8pm