The latest scoop at Tom's Palette

Not only do Tom's Palette's flavors hit the spot, I really like the smooth and dense texture of their ice-cream too. Actually a hybrid between ice-cream and gelato actually (with a lower fat content like the latter!), the proof of of its softer consistency can be observed from how it can be spaded into a tightly packed cup.
And again, I must mention that at $2.80 for a (not-so-)small cup with a choice of two flavors, Tom's Palette offers wonderful value for wonderful ice-cream.

Pistachio + Vanilla (Madagascar)

Granny's Favorite was beckoning to me but I'm glad I chose my favorite flavor, pistachio, anyway. Awesomly aromatic and nutty, the version I had was made from Iranian pistachios instead of Italian ones. I was given a sample of the original version of the pistachio ice-cream for a taste test, and I must say that the new and improved version is much more fragrant!
Vanilla ice-cream fans must try the version here- it's very fragrant and leaves a trail of bliss melting down your throat. If only all apple pies and brownies were served with this...

Ed's Tea + Chocolate Sorbet

I'm sure those who have never visited Tom's Palette must have heard of matcha and Earl Grey ice-creams, but never Ed's Tea! Well, I don't know who Ed is, but Ed's Tea is essentially teh tarik, brewed to the perfect intensity. Those who like teh tarik should go for this!
Chocolate sorbet is the new flavor for the month of June, and has replaced the chocolate ice-cream for now. Plain chocolate ice-creams have never made it to my list of favorites (even the great chocolate ice-cream here at Tom's!) because I feel that the taste of the chocolate ain't intense enough due to the presence of milk and cream. That's why my first encounter with the dark and pure chocolate sorbet here was a dream-come-true experience!

Even without the cream, the chocolate sorbet's lusciously smooth as there are already cocoa fats present in the dark chocolate. This is potent stuff, made even more dangerously addictive because it ain't heavy like its cousin.

Upon sharing with Chronos and Eunice how much I liked the chocolate sorbet, I found out that there were many folks who shared the sentiments as me. So, after this month, they're considering alternating the two flavors- hooray!
I'm going for longan red dates on my next visit. It's really very good...