A British student's lunchbox: a pictorial

In England, about half the student population will bring lunchboxes from home for lunch. Our hosts prepared packed lunches for us on the days we went touring.

Thank you J, for the lovely lunches!


Eaten @ Eden Project

Eaten @ Truro

Yum I like cake bars.

Eaten @ Pendennis Castle

Cherries are considerably cheaper over in England... I snagged a great deal at Tesco while I was there: a ~250g box of cherries for 75p!

A hearty-sized one devoured on the five-hour-long train ride to London (;

For those curious, mini Peperami is a smoked pork salami sausage. It's quite salty but it's small in size, so you probably won't be overloaded by the sodium. One of my friends loves them, but another didn't quite like it. I found it to be alright.

I was puzzled over why Sodium 5' ribonucleotide was one of the ingredients. (Ribonucleotides are the building blocks of RNA, which encodes genetic informtion.) A quick Google search revealed that they are flavor enhancers which produce an umami sensation.

I miss England... how I wish I could be transported back in time by exactly a month ago, till when I had just landed on British ground.