Always thirsty for more @ Tom's Palette

Lately I haven't had much time to search out new food finds. But trying Tom's Palette's new ice-cream flavor of the month was definitely a must-do.

Salty Yuzu is the new flavor for the month of July, if you haven't heard already. Most should be familiar with the combination of sea salt and caramel, but this is the first time I've heard of salt paired with the refreshing zing of yuzu. Somehow Salty Yuzu reminded me of preserved citrus peel juice, but having it in the form of an ice-cream was something new! Pink guava reminded me of pink guava juice, only in frozen form too.

Pink guava + Salty Yuzu. Like two different drinks in frozen form!

I also sampled Oolong tea and Red wine sorbet. My mom doesn't usually take ice-cream 'cos she doesn't have a high sugar tolerance, so I'm sure the former flavor is perfect for her. The oolong flavor is brewed to the right intensity, sweetened just enough and with nary a trace of bitterness. Those who love their Chinese teas will like this. I've got to get more of this next time!

I was told that the alcohol content in the red wine sorbet was not very high, but it really reminded me of the drink in frozen form, without the bitter taste of alcohol which I dislike. That's because two bottles of red wine went into the batch of sorbet, but I suppose the alcohol content isn't as high as that in the rum and raisin flavor as wine has a lower alcohol content. Do try this flavor when you see it as it's not available often.