Superdog

Superdog is definitely my favorite fast food joint. Prices here are a little higher than most fast food chains, but is definitely justified by the quality and taste of the food. One's first visit to Superdog will probably involve bring intrigued by the interesting tips on hotdog etiquette printed on the paper liner- for example, one should take no more than five bites to finish a hotdog. Although I'd be able to do so, I have always savored my hotdogs at Superdog 'cos their hotdogs are too tasty to be gobbled down in a haste!


Another thing I like here is the less plastic decor- the Vivocity outlet, for instance, has comfortable cushioned chairs while the full-length glass windows at E! Hub outlet enables diners to enjoy the view outside.

The outlet I patronize most, coincidentally their first outlet, is located at the basement of Vivocity, but new outlets have opened at E! Hub at Downtown East, White Sands Shopping Centre and 313@Somerset. Breakfast is served daily from 7.30am-11.30am at their Vivocity and White Sands outlets, and there's even delivery service to Tampines, Pasir Ris, Changi, CBD, Bukit Merah, Queenstown, Alexandra and Chinatown (boohoo that means they don't deliver to my home or school :/ ).


Superdog 

The Superdog ($7.50) includes a juicy German Bratwurst topped with Superdog Chili, grilled bacon, sliced tomatoes, shredded cheese and diced onions. It's packed with so many goodies, your bun might just break into half! Note that bratwursts usually include some spices which may not appeal to everyone.

Superburger

The massive-sounding Superburger ($7.50) contains 1/3 pound grilled fresh beef chuck patty with 2 slices of grilled bacon, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, grilled onions and Superdog's signature sauce. Despite its name, the Superburger wasn't actually that humongous- I had this for for lunch one day and left reasonably filled. Thankfully, the beef patties here was moist and much more flavorful than the cardboard-like ones served at some places.


Chicken Ripper 


Ironically, my favorite hotdog is also the most affordable one on the menu. The consists of a juicy sausage topped with a tasty and mildly spicy mayo and some (healthy but tasteless) chopped-up tomato bits in a toasted soft bun. The sausage is supposedly deep fried till it bursts, hence its name 'ripper', but out of the many times I've ordered this, this was never the case. Well, at least it won't be oily this way... I'm still liking it loads!

I'm usually torn between ordering the Chicken Ripper and the equally delicious Grilled Chicken Burger ($4.50). Unlike most fast food joints where you get a patty of minced meat in your chicken burger, the version here featured a slab of juicy chicken thigh drizzled with the same yummy spicy mayo.

I also like Bacon Lovers ($5.50), which stars well-grilled streaky bacon coupled with caramelized onions, melted cheese and Superdog's signature sauce. This meaty and juicy delight is definitely not for those watching their saturated fat intake! Other items which I've tried include the bacon ripper ($4) and chili dog ($4) which were alright. 

At Superdog, you also have the option of adding an egg or bacon to your burger or hotdog for $0.50 each and $1 per strip. With any burger/hotdog order, you can up add regular/medium fries and a regular drink for $2.50/$3. 


Iced lemon tea

One quibble I have about Superdog's Vivocity outlet is that I was told that Superdog does not serve tap water. However, during my visit to their Pasir Ris outlet for breakfast, my request for plain water was obliged. Anyway, I strongly recommend you to order a drink if you're having lunch or dinner there. And please don't order any old drink like Pepsi or 7-Up, just head straight for the freshly brewed iced lemon tea! Sweetened to just the right degree, Superdog's iced lemon tea is a class apart from the ones you get from a can and makes a refreshing accompaniment to the meaty mains. I found the Pineapple Sensation, an icy drink blended from pineapple chunks, to be okay but a tad sweet.

Battered onion rings

The onion rings here ($3 ala carte, you can top up $1/$0.50 to substitute your fries from the $2.50/$2 set meal), while less greasy and having a lighter batter than most, had a soft exterior instead of being crispy as I'd have liked them to be. I'll suggest sticking to  the Chili Cheese Fries ($4.50 ala carte, you can top up $2.50/$2 to substitute your fries from the $2.50/$3 set meal) instead. My dining partners and myself are always mopping up every last bit of the amalgation of meaty chili and melted grated cheese with the fluffy fries!

There are student set meals on weekdays too, where you can get a chicken ripper, fish burger, grilled chicken burger or chilli dog with regular fries and a drink for $5. (Of the course the options will be limited but since I prefer the cheaper items, this doesn't matter to me!)

Superdog
Vivo City, #B2-41
E-hub, Downtown East, #04-101
White Sands Shopping Mall, #01-22

#B3-21/22 313 @ Somerset