A&W: A Pictorial

Visiting A&W was a must on my itinerary during my family's short getaway to Indonesia. I had Googled the location of the A&W outlets in Batam before leaving Singapore, and I was definitely glad to hear from the tour guide that we'd be dropping by Megamall for some shopping! The lack of an information counter and the shopper-unfriendly mall configuration didn't help, but I eventually found A&W on the ground floor of the shopping centre.
The fried chicken was slightly dry. While the curly fries were nicely crispy/fluffy, it was a pity that they were overly salty.
A&W Strawberry Milkshake & the classic A&W Root Beer Float. Of course we had to upsize the latter.
Waffles with vanilla ice cream

This was the other A&W classic that I had been so eagerly anticipating. I would have been certainly disappointed to leave Batam without rekindling memories of having the same warm and slightly salty waffle with cold soft serve as a little girl. 

Though this was not the best waffle-and-ice-cream combo I've had, I relished every bite of nostalgia... if only someone would bring A&W back to Singapore! While the prices of the other items were comparable to those from fast food outlets in Singapore, this was a steal a 19090 rupiah (about S$3).
Waffles with strawberry ice cream

A better name for this would have been "waffles with soft serve ice cream and strawberry sauce".
Waffles with chocolate ice cream (waffles with soft serve and chocolate sauce)


A&W
Megamall, Batam