由〇 博多らー めん

Originated from Hakata, Yoshimaru is under the management of the Jumbo Group (yes, the seafood one). Talking about Hakata, situated in the northwest part of Fukuoka Prefecture, Kyuushuu, it is regarded as birthplace of Tokotsu broth ramen, and many famous ramen chains like Ippudo came from there as well.

Ever since Yoshimaru opened its first local outlet at Big Splash, it had been on my to-go list, but the thought of having to travel all the way to the east somehow killed the appetite. And then, there came its second outlet at Holland Village, which brought cheers (and relief) to noodle fans living in the other half of Singapore.

もりだくさんらーめん - $15.00

Their Moridakusan Ramen ($15.00), aka all-in that I had, came with all the toppings you can expect of a bowl of hearty ramen. The toppings were excellent. I'm not sure whether it was because it had been too long since my last bowl of ramen, the tokotsu broth here was outstanding. Smooth, milky, and robust in flavours, I was totally sold. What made it even more delightful was probably a subtle taste from some unknown ingredient which made the soup less heavy.

My companion later told me I had a 'see-star' look while I was having my bowl of ramen.


(Seeing stars, from One Piece)

ミニバーガーコンボ - $8.80

Not only do they serve ramen dishes, you can try out this burger creations here. With this Mini Burger Combo ($8.80), you get to savour all 3 flavours at a much discounted price. Pictured from the left are Teriyaki Chicken, Mentaiko Mayo Prawn and Spicy Cha Shuu.

照り焼きチキン

My personal favourite was teriyaki chicken not just because of the juicy tender chicken, but the others were simply too spicy for me.

Mini Ramen Delight

Mini Ramen at $6.80, takes good care of your waistline and wallet.

Christmas in a bowl

Sins

Citibank cardmembers enjoy 10% discount.

**********************************************************************************************************************************
With this post it rounds up my 2010. I would like to thank everyone for your support and readership. Hope you had a wonderful and fulfilling 2010. May there be many more good eats for you in years to come. Happy 2011!


由〇 博多らー めん
31 Lorong Liput
Holland Village
6463 3132