The Pancake War: Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie

Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie is better known as a dessert haunt. But, like any other brunch  lover, I was excited to discover out that its Paragon outlet serves breakfast too. There were other tempting options like Eggs Florentine and French Toast, but I expectedly headed straight for the Blueberry Pancakes ($7.50++).
To my dismay, Canelé's pancakes were not of the fluffy American variety I was expecting. While I still like the latter version better, the thin and crêpe-like European-style pancakes served were faultlessly light and soft. Even better when studded with sweet blueberries and accompanied by a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a generous drizzle of maple syrup and clouds of light crème chantilly!

My search for the best (American) hotcakes in Singapore continues, but in the meantime, I'd recommend heading to Food For Thought, Cedele and KFC for your pancake fix!


#B1-25 Paragon
Breakfast is served from 8.30am-11am daily