Relish

As far as I can recall, Relish was one of the first few local burger places in town a few years ago. Then came the 'Burger Boom', which saw joints of its like sprouting up all across the island.

While today many take them for granted, the uprising of these burger places has undoubtedly changed the way we look at gourmet burgers, otherwise seen as just another 'McDonald's' experience.

Relish

I vaguely remember how many times I have visited Relish, located in Cluny Court which is one of my favourite haunts. The word 'relish' itself carries many meanings, one of which is the strong appreciation for something, based on my understanding. When it comes to the hamburger, it refers to a cooked or pickled (or both) ingredient which is typically used as a condiment (Soruce: Wikipedia). Quite an apt name for a burger joint I suppose.

Brunch Menu

Loved their chalkboard menu and hilarious slogan.

Bacan and Chesse Beef Burger

Bacon and Cheese Beef Burger (150g, $15.5) was not my main. My companion liked the beefy patty which was substantial and juicy, and was done perfectly medium rare too.

Portobello Tofu Burger

My Grilled Portobello Tofu Burger ($17.5) was not bad but unfortunately didn't meet my expection. The grilled tofu steak was satisfyingly firm. The lack of taste in the portobello mushrooms however let me down. Not very encouraging for one who wants to go healthy.

Dreaming

What can be a better way to celebrate weekends than relishing your favourite brunch dishes? On any relagar weekend, brunch is served as early as 10.30am.

Eggs Wild Benedict - $18.8

Eggs Wild Benedict ($18.8) wasn't not that impressive. I didn't like bacon that was tough and seemingly overdone. Then there came my companion's WoW (Word of Wisdom) of the day: Do not judge a ramen shop by its sashimi, so she spoke.

Eat the fries while still warm, as you find them turn soggy pretty quickly.

Rosemary Smoked Salmon Bagel - $19.8

While everyone loves their scrambled egg smoked salmon for breakfast, Chef Willin's idea of doing it with a bagel was simply transforming.

There we had Rosemary Smoked Salmon Bagel ($19.8), made extra savoury with Scallion cheese and a perfect touch of seasonings.

I wished I could have some freshly cut avocado to go with it.

The kid next table

This curious guy next table stared at us for a while, long enough for me to pick up my camera and took this shot. How I wished someone could have given him a piece of napkin.


Relish by Wild Rocket
#02-01 Cluny Court
501 Bukit Timah Road
Mon - Fri, 12pm - 3pm, 6.30pm - 11pm
Sat - Sun, 10.30am - 11pm
6763 1547