AJInoMORI


Nothing beats the thrill of unearthing new waterholes.

When I saw the discount coupon for this new place (izakaya) on hungrydeals.com two weeks ago, I prepared for lunch at Lorong Liput with a few clicks on the mouse.

味の森

Read Aji no Mori, this izakaya can accommodate 60 diners. Set in a warm and cosy ambience, one may choose to sit at a regular table in private cubicles, or bare his/her soles on the wooden platform (like the Japanese) for a more authentic feel.

鮭握り - $5

We had a humble start with Salmon Nigiri ($5).

健康鮭と野菜巻き - $10

Called Healthy Salmon Veggie Roll ($10), these makis had a healthy twist of alfalfa sprouts instead of rice. While my companion thought the taste was too 'green' for her, I liked the crunch from the grass.

牛カルビ - $12

Gyu Karubi (Beef short rib, $12) was as succulent and tender as the best steak I had in recent memory. Grilled to a tantalizing pink on the inside, the mere sight of it was enough to send any beef-loving human go weak in the knees.

Flavoursome juices rushed forth the moment I sank my teeth into the melt-in-month protein, the taste was OMG.

フォアグラと豆腐ステーキ - $18

Foie gras toufu steak ($18) was another highlight of the meal.

The rich flavours of the goose liver filled the tofu steak and was an absolute must-try for any foie-gras fan.

お茶漬け - $7

Not to forget the staple, Ochazuke ($7), served with crunchy pickles.

鮭皮真砂和え - $9

We were 'rewarded' this Salmon skin with cod roe as a gesture of good will by the restaurant staff. How nice...

お楽しみに

Service was brisk and attentive, and the waitstaff served us with a smile throughout the afternoon, making an already pleasant dining experience even more memorable. We even fixed a date to return before we left.

DSC_2184

The night after I got home, I bought another 30% off e-code intended for my future visit, but after some time, I thought it would be more meaningful if it can be passed on to one of my dear readers. (Sorry I only have one as I didn't see this coming. I wish I can do this more often, so let's see). It was therefore decided that the first person to express his/her interest would get it. Let me hear from you soon. This e-code is valid till 21 Aug.
Claimed :)


味の森
17D Lorong Liput
Lunch, 12pm–2.30pm
Dinner, 6pm–11pm
6468 6813