Chock Full of Beans


I have a secret affection for Changi Village, the local equivalence for holiday chalets and urban escape. I also enjoy my morning cuppa. So imagine my excitement when I learned about this new coffee joint recently landed in Changi Village on The Ponderous Pilgrim. Never mind the travelling. I hopped on to Bus 29 from Tampines last weekend and reached my destination in a little less than an hour a blink of an eye .

Chock Full of Beans

'Beary' nice

Angry bird makes my day

They get their beans from Highlander Coffee, a four bean blend I heard. Not the best cup I had, but these clever latte arts really made my day.

Penne with Roasted Summer Veggie

Penne with Roasted Summer Veggie

With the current lunch promotion, we got our pasta dish, soup of the day and coffee at just $14.80.

Smoked Salmon Sandwich

Smoked Salmon Sandwich ($13)

Also on promotion was their sandwich lunch set at just $13 (inclusive of soup and drink).

The smoked salmon was succulent and the portion generous, as the picture can tell. I have had smoked salmon sandwiches at many cafés, but what I liked about the rendition here was the use of cream cheese and pickled pepper which added some extra savouriness to it. Yummy~

Dark Chocolate

Seeing many tables around us having their signature Dark Chocolate 70% Cake, kiasu we were that we also ordered one slice with (Gryphon) Camomile Tea, again a set ($8.50). The cake was smooth and intensely chocolatey, but didn't really taste like 70% in my opinions. Our tea which was served in a pot came surprisingly with two cups for the pair of us. A small gesture it might seem, but it was service with such thoughtfulness that made dining experience memorable.

New barista at work

DSC_5269

DSC_5321

So next time when in the neighbourhood, whether you are heading down to Pulau Ubin or simply visiting to chill, here is one perfect place for your quality coffee and savoury bites.


Chock Full of Beans (Facebook)
4 Changi Village Road, #01-2090
Tue - Fri, 11am - 10pm
Sat - Sun, 9am - 10pm
Closed on Mondays
6214 8839



With 2012 just round the corner, Amasou Umasou would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Thanks for all your supports and friendship this past one year. May you have the most wondrous and fulfilling year ahead.

Last but not least, have fun at your new year celebrations. Cheers :)