Hong Kong: Mickey Waffles & Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

Chicken Little steamed lotus paste buns or Little Green Man pork and vegetable buns, anyone? It was a pity that I didn't have enough time to try Disneyland Hotel's Crystal Lotus restaurant dishes up Disney-themed dim sum, but at least I managed to get my hands on Mickey waffles!
mickey waffles @ hong kong disneyland
Made upon order, these fluffy and spongy waffles made for a perfect snack on a cold winter night. As with all theme park food, they were pricey at HKD45, but boy these were some of the tastiest waffles I've had! Do not miss these if you're visiting Disneyland. The waffle stall is located near Corner Cafe at Main Street.

Here're some photos of Disneyland Theme Park and Disneyland Hotel. The Disneyland Resort Line MTR trains are really adorable!
disneyland resort line
Unless you have children or am a huge Disney fan, I would suggest giving Hong Kong Disneyland a miss. Most of the rides and activities there are suited for the young- the only rides which teenagers and adults would enjoy are probably Astro Blasters, Space Mountain (thrilling, but not as much as Universal Studios' Battlestar Galactica), RC Racer and Toy Story Parachute drop. While the two shows I caught- Mickey's Philharmagic (a 3D show) and The Golden Mickeys- were decent, I felt that my overall experience wasn't really worth its HKD 399 price tag.
disneyland hong kong
disneyland hong kong
disneyland railroad
balloons!
A firework display is conducted over Sleeping Beauty's Castle every night. Quite pretty but not spectacular.
sleeping beauty castle
The Flight of Fantasy Parade
flight of fantasy parade
Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is perfect for families. The rooms there are really spacious for their price! Aside from an indoor gym and swimming pool, there is also an outdoor swimming pool, playground, a tennis court, a soccer/basketball court and a Mickey maze (below). 
disneyland hotel
I would have loved to stay at this hotel as a kid- little girls get to dress up as a Disney princesses in the salon and be entertained by storytellers over milk and cookies at night!

However, the hotel is inconveniently located on Lantau Island, causing me to rack up much traveling expenses on my Octopus card. Now that I've finally experienced staying at a Disneyland hotel, I will opt for more conveniently-located accommodation on subsequent visits to Hong Kong.
disneyland hotel
A live band entertaining hotel guests on a Saturday afternoon! A pianist also performs familiar Disney tunes in the lobby on weekday nights.
disneyland hotel