Geisha Specialty Coffee


The new café I wanted to check out near Farrer Park decided to call it a weekend yesterday. Instintively, we hopped over to Geisha at Burlington Sqaure for my caffeine fix.

Geisha

The café is run by a young couple from Shanghai. Wang Tao is the man-in-charge at the brew counter while his partner Elsie takes care of PR and the serving of customers.

And probably due to language barrier, Wang Tao might be quite shy talking to customers at first. But once you start on a coffee conversation, he just doesn't stop! And I dare say this guy knows as much about coffee as his counterparts in other coffee joints.

Latte - $4

I didn't quite register the beans went into the blend that made my Latte ($4), apart from that it had a complex tasting note, mildly citrus with a tinge of spice(cinnanmon?).

Concentrating

I also enjoyed two complimentary shots of espresso as Wang Tao shared effusively just about anything from his painstaking bean selection process, down to the finest details on his roast style and water temperatures.

It was intriguing how the freshly roasted Ethiopia Yirgacheffe brewed on a V-60 turned out. Unlike the regular espresso which I often find too harsh on the throat, the newly roasted beans gave a characteristic floral fragrance, soothing with a fruity acidity. Something the ladies may like.

Vine yard

自家烘培店

I have a feeling I will need to be back real soon.


瑰夏 (Facebook)
175 Bencoolen Street
#01-55 Burlington Square
Mon - Fri, 10am - 9pm
Sat - Sun, 1pm - 9pm