Carpenter & Cook


Latte - $4.8

No one doubts my willingness to travel when it comes to uncovering places off the beaten track, but it didn't take the thrill out of me when a certain café recently landed in my neighbourhood.

I am talking about Carpenter & Cook, this new vintage gem that has me head over heel.

Happy barista(s)

Coffee here is using Liberty Coffee's Speakeasy Blend, out of a classic Elektra Barlume.

Liberty at work

Meringue Passionfruit Tart - $6.2

The pastries here are real good stuff. My personal favourite goes to the Meringue Passionfruit Tart ($6.2). Not only the curd was a good balance of sweet and sour, the tart shell was firm (almost crispy) and shattered properly.

Chef In Command Shenn Sim also took some time off the kitchen to come over and have a chat.

Bean bag, literally

I suppose no one will wrong me if I say this place is a little museum for balances, clocks and anything vintage, except that most of them are for sale. It also means some snappy good time for vintage fans and shutter bugs alike.

Cheque stamper

Red hot sexy

More balance

Even more balances

Drawers

ATM?

Children's bedtime stories

Kitchen hanger

Teacup tower

6463 3648

Moshi moshi?

I heard that this phone is actually functional.

Older than apple

Singer's legs

Mum's toy

Across the room at a cosy corner, the original occupant of the table top was spotted.

No battery?

Take-home goodie

We picked up a bag of homemade Passionfruit Marshmallows ($6) before heading home. Definitely will be back for more.


So next time when you have plans for a vintage-themed home, you know exactly just where to go to.


Carpenter & Cook (Facebook)
19 Lorong Kilat, #01-06
Closed on Mondays
6463 3648