London: Four Seasons

Chinese food was never on my initial list of things to eat in London. Why squander a meal on Chinese food in the city when when the best of Oriental cuisine is to be found in the Far East? But after hearing numerous praises about the Four Seasons' roast duck, and having had my fix of pub food in England over the past few days, I decided to give it a go...and what an excellent decision it turned out to be.
P7091132e
I've had some great roast goose in Hong Kong, but oh my- nothing comes close to this. The Four Seasons' roast duck was incredibly succulent and tender, with lightly crisped skin and a juicy layer of fat that melted in my mouth. And the meat was astoundingly flavorful- perhaps it's the provenance of the poultry that sets their roast duck apart from the rest. My friend proclaimed it to be far tastier than the duck at the established Da Dong restaurant in Beijing, which has been said to serve the best Peking duck in China.

Needless to say, we were sent to poultry heaven. As exercise-phobic as I am, I must declare that all that fat is skin was worth the extra minutes on the treadmill.
P7091137e
The five of us also ordered a plate of lobster noodles to share, which was good as well. But it paled in comparison to the marvelous roast duck that we just had.
P7091134e
The bill worked out to a reasonable £15 per person. A revisit to the Four Seasons is definitely on my agenda during my next visit to London.

Four Seasons
12 Gerrard Street, Chinatown
W1D 5PRW1D 5PR
Near the Leicester Square/Piccadilly Circus Tube
Opening hours: 12pm-12am (Mon-Sat), 11am-12am (Sun)
Tel: (+44) 020 7494 0870