ニライ カナイ


My memorable meal at Mimigar some time ago left me craving for more, and it wasn't quite helping that I recently watched this movie titled Letters from Nirai Kanai. Last week, I found myself at Liang Court for another round of Okinawan fare.

ニライ カナイ

Made to resemble a post-war Japanese diner, it's just hard not to fall in love with the rustic charm of this small restaurant located in the basement of Liang Court. Well separated cubicles provided some privacy for diners. Wine bottles with customers' names on next to the entrance were evidence of its strong following.

お酒

ゴーヤー茶 - $3.8

海ぶどう - $13.8

海ぶどう

An intersting appetizer that had the mild taste of raw seaweed. The vinegar sauce that came with it made the taste more rounded.

ゴーヤー - $8.8

ゴーヤー チャンプル

The bittergourd dish here tasted drier than the perfect same thing I had at Mimigar. And it was also more bitter.

鶏もものごま味噌焼き - $12

鶏もものごま味噌焼き

Tender chicken thigh grilled till faintly charred that went so well with the miso paste. The blackened leek wasn't that palatable unfortunately.

スーチカー - $12

塩漬け三枚肉

I liked this one, fatty pork belly grilled to slight crispy on the outside. If that chunk of fat is too much you can take, some fresh lemon juice will definitely help.

冷やしそば - $13.6

やしそば

Rounded it off with cold noodle in a hearty sesame sauce. Soba was used for all the noodle items here, a refreshing change to the usual ramen noodles.

DSC_0121

DSC_0179

食卓

DSC_0207

感謝ノート

Although the bittergourd dish I had was quite a let-down, I very much enjoyed the other dishes as well the vibe of this little diner. That's all it takes to warrant another visit.


ニライ カナイ 沖縄居酒屋
177 River Valley Road
#B1-01/02 Liang Court
6339 4811