Imperial Steamboat @ TripleOne Sommerset

29.11.2012

To me friends can be categorized into 2 types. Type 1: Those who will drink and be merry with you. Type 2: Those who will go through hardships with you.

Yesterday I was very disturbed by a lady whom I have always regarded as a friend, although I had yet to categorize her. And then something happened and I was really hurt by the tonality and the words she used on me. Words that cut like a knife. She later on apologized to me via email. But I was already hurt and the damage had been done.

I hope that everyone will find friends whom they can go through hardships with. For it is through hardships that beautiful memories are created.

As upset as I was yesterday, because I had already promised Celeste, Gwen and Alvin to meet for dinner at Imperial Steamboat at Tripleone Somerset, I went ahead as planned.

Celeste and Gwen are my ex-colleagues and Alvin who used to be my ex-colleague is also Maggie’s primary school friend. The world is so small ya!

 
 
Gwen & Alvin

Celeste Chua – a very outspoken, witty and happy girl. I got to know her while on attachment as an intern at their department. And as a very outgoing girl, she took the initiative to approach me and offered me chocolates!

The sauces

 
Gwen – a simple and kind lady who is always ready to help. She left a very deep impression on me because a couple of years ago, Maggie wanted to take part in the Amazing Race but she had lost the receipt so she sought my help. I didn’t know Gwen then, but I wrote an email to her for help and without asking any questions, she readily agreed and even wished Maggie good luck in the Amazing Race. Till today, I am grateful for knowing her.
 
Alvin – Having travelled around the world as an ex- flight attendant, I always like to bug him for more inflight stories as it has always been my dream to fly for free. Alvin is known for getting away with things as he is so lovable. And till today, that hasn’t changed -- he still gets away with stuff! =)


 Gwen, Alvin, Celeste & Me
 
 The both of them are laughing at the lady who got bumped by manager for helping us to take photo.

Very yummy Beef

Very fresh fish slice

 Super fresh prawns
 
 Pork Belly
 
Chicken broth soup base

 


Total damage $199 for 4 pax

Verdict 4/5


111 Somerset Road

#02-21/22/23 TripleOne Somerset

Tel: 67328231