Homemade Pancakes I

The following recipe produced pancakes which were as good as those that I made from Morinaga's pre-mix. Their interior did not have the deliciously dense but fluffy texture of the latter though, perhaps cos I did not overmix the batter as much as I usually do this time. Still, they were a joy to gobble down.

While they were decent on their own, the pancakes which I had added banana slices to were simply etheral. I literally went bananas over the slight alcoholic taste of the beautifully caramelized, creamy slices. The banana pancakes that I had previously made were never so divine! I think it's because I used Dole bananas instead of those from Del Monte (:


Simple Pancakes
Serves 4 (Makes 8 pancakes)

Ingredients:
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
290ml milk
2 large Dole bananas, ripe, sliced (optional)
Butter
Maple syrup

Directions:
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat then eggs, then mix in the milk. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients.
3. Mix well without over-mixing too much (barely any small lumps should remain). Leave to set for 10 minutes.
4. Give the batter a few stirs. Melt a small amount of butter in a frying pan over low heat. Scoop about two ladles of batter, top with banana slices if desired and cover with a lid (with a steam opening).
5. About two minutes later, flip the pancake and cover the frying pan. The original bottom side should be golden. But do watch out for burning!
6. Fry the other side for about a minute. The new bottom side should have pale, thin streaks of brown.
7. Top with butter and maple syrup and serve immediately.