Sapporo Ramen Miharu

Bar seatings
Ask any ramen fan which part of Japan produces the best ramen, Sapporo should be the first to come to his or her mind. Not only shio ramen was first invented there, people in Japan often associate Sapporo with its rich miso ramen, which is ideal for Hokkaido's harsh cold winter.

This was my first time visit to Miharu in spite of the numerous positive reviews on it. My previous bid to locate the place was an unsuccessful one.

日替わり肉野菜炒め - $4.50
日替わり肉野菜炒め - $4.50
This was a local dish rather than a Japanese one. I was slightly disappointed. Nevertheless, it tasted good.

北海道焼き餃子(肉)- $6.00
北海道焼き餃子(肉)- $6.00

Gyoza is almost the next must-have at any ramen place. At Miharu, its owner takes pride in his gyoza that there is even a gyoza corner set aside next door.

特選みそ - $13.00
特選みそ - $13.00

Perhaps this is how it is supposed be like in Japan during cold season, the soup was too oily for my companion's liking.

特選とん塩 - $12.50
特選とん塩 - $12.50

As for me, I loved my ramen with its robust pork broth. The noodle was springy and chewy, the broth was rich and flavoursome. I was glad that I ordered extra noodle (for $3.00). I managed to slurp up the soup. Satisfying indeed.

Having been to many ramen places, I must say Miharu has the best ramen so far.

Apart from the seven ramens available on the menu, there is another menu 濃厚魚介ダシラーメン (seafood broth served with premium quality noodle) at only $14.00 to reward the loyalty of its patrons as well as ramen enthusiasts. While it's limited to the first 20 customers daily only, be there early to avoid disappointment.


札幌らあめん 美春
1 Nanson Road
#01-11 The Gallery Hotel
Business Hours: Daily, 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 9pm (Closed on Wednesdays)
Tel: 6733 8464