Once Upon A Milkshake

Opened only a mere three months ago, OUAM has garnered plenty of praise on HungryGoWhere. I dropped by this place on a weekday afternoon and somehow found myself in a more light-hearted mood upon entering the simply but vibrantly furnished joint. Don't the purple-and-white walls and miniature furniture remind you of a children playroom?

Milkshakes aren't good for your teeth or your waistline, so I decided to stick to the safe side. One mini Agent Strawberry for me, please.

I, an aquaholic, was delighted by the presence of a free-flow mineral water dispenser! After helping myself to a cup, I seated myself on a bench and enjoyed the peaceful ambiance of the joint- only occupied by five other patrons, it being 3pm on a weekday- while waiting for the cheery cashier to serve my order.

One sip of this milkshake left me certain that OUAM prepared its strawberry ice cream from fresh strawberries. I was initially surprised by how dense the shake was, but soon realized that this allowed me to pause between sips and enjoy the most of my shake without worrying about it melting away. Its viscosity soon grew on me though- I found myself relishing the thick and creamy shake. Thick milkshakes are served on default, but you can request for your milkshake to be thinner.

However, it was the lip-smackingly delicious tangy strawberry flavor of this shake that left the deepest impression on me. Kudos to the people who concocted this flavor- Agent Strawberry has definitely cracked the key to my affections!

OUAM also sells pints of ice cream for $10.50 each, and has also launched a lite brownie and ice cream combo ($5.50). What excellent ideas!

I'll be back to try the other flavors. Grumbling Raisins, here I come!