Barcook Bakery, revisited

I urged my friend, N, to join me in my venture to satisfy my craving for the a simply shiok bun. So off we headed towards Chinatown!

It was almost noontime. Once most office staff emerge for their lunch, we'd be in for a long wait. So, upon getting off the bus, I led her to Barcook Bakery, the frequency of our footsteps twice as fast as regular pedestrians'.

Unglamorous shot of THE raisin cream cheese bun

Ooh la la. I fell in love again.

If you take public transport, don't you always feel a tinge of jealousy whenever you spot a fellow commuter with a bag of these babies?

This must have been my lucky day. I was the first to get my hands on the batch of raisin cream cheese buns that just came out of the oven!

On another visit to Barcook Bakery's other outlet at Central@Clarke Quay, I spotted quite a few German Muesli Loaves. They're not available often (i.e. they were reserved/snatched up) at the Hong Lim outlet, so pop over to Barcook's Clarke Quay outlet if you want to get this.


German Muesli Loaf ($2 for half a loaf)

This bread comes packed with loads of seeds. Oops, I mean flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds. There're raisins and walnuts too. Soft and tasty! While this can't beat my favorite raisin cream cheese bun, it's worth a try. Greedy me scarfed down several slices of these down after finishing two raisin cheese buns!


Barcook Bakery
Blk 531 Upper Cross St (Hong Lim Complex)
#01-54
Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm
Sat, Sun & PH: 8am-4pm

Central @ Clarke Quay
#01-09/10
Mon-Fri: 8am-9pm
Sat: 9am-9pm
Sun: 10am-9pm

OUB Centre
B1-09
Mon-Fri: 7am-7pm
Sat: 8.30am-4.30pm
Closed on Sun & PH