At K Ki with Foodoshoot!

Foodoshot has been wanting to try out the delicious cakes at K Ki, so we decided to go there together. Though it was only about 1.40pm when we reached the shop, there were only about ten cakes left on the display. And they open at 12pm!

We ordered a pot of Gryphon camomile tea to share, which made a light and soothing accompanment to the cakes we were having.

Kinabaru

Kinabaru still remains as my favorite creation at K Ki. (By the way I'm glad to say that I finally managed to try the Strawberry Tart and Flourless Chocolate Cake, will blog about them soon!) The lightness of the smooth coconut mousse, zinged up with the tanginess passionfruit creme, makes it a great choice for post-lunch sweets.

Antionette

As I tucked into Antionette, I was again amazed by how such the light and just sufficiently sweet mousse could have been concocted from white chocolate. I'll expect that even those who dislike white chocolate for its overly sweet and milky taste won't mind having this.

And judging the surprise that Charlene expressed, those who've never read or heard about the Antionette will never have guessed that it contained a heart of gold. A heart of mango puree, I mean, oops. FYI, the mysterious golden and green bits that ornament the cake are crystallized ginger and pistachio shards.
LRRH
This glamorous princess has decided to bring out the bling. Though it's now decorated with chocolate bits, LRRH remains the same dark horse that it has always been. The raspberry which tops this cake is a clue warning you of the tart but refreshing sensation that will greet you when you're halfway through polishing off the dark chocolate mousse.


Cafe Dumo
Sometimes appearances deceive. Outwardly, Cafe Dumo is the plainer sister of the beautiful cakes at K Ki. (It's still a very pretty dome though! Its matte apperance is created by an even layer of chocolate spray, as with the Kinabaru and Antionette.)
The first forkful of this left me surprised with multitude of textures which lie within. I was expecting Cafe Dumo to be, like the previous three K Ki creations mentioned, another mousse cake atop a thin layer of sponge or dacquoise. Naturally, I was pleased to discover crunchy chocolate praline feuillitene beaneath the intense coffee chocolate mousse! Four textures- mousse, ganache, praline feuillitene and dacquiose- are enough to please me, I don't need seven.

Thanks to Charlene for your company, and for being the special first food blogger that I've personally met (; *Sorry Charlene your photo refuses to upload, will try again tomorrow (:* Haha her presence and equally snapshot-happy fingers gave me the assurance to take as many pictures I wanted... this was the first time I took so many food photos at a go! You can read her review here.