Hokkaido Fair @ Isetan again

The novelty of the Japanese fairs at Isetan is slowly eroding. But I always come for the gelato.

#1 Mashuko Dowa's gelato is probably the best gelato amongst the numerous offerings that surface at these fairs throughout the year.

Pumpkin + Green tea + Strawberry
Of course I had to have three flavors ($7). One flavor goes for $5 and two for $6. Pricey...
Out of all the flavors I've tried, my favorite flavor is still the strawberry. Green tea is mandatory, of course, while the pumpkin flavor I had today was okay. I would not recommened the blueberry flavor which I tried last year, as it tasted a bit artificial. (You might want to take note of this 'cos there's no sampling :/)
Oh and you've got to try the Yubari melon soft serve!
#2 Pumpkin flakes. Whips up a simply comforting soup!

#3 I missed out on the goodies from Pullman Bakery last year, so I was naturally delighted when I spotted them giving out samples that day! The sea salt crosssaints and the chocolate pie were good, but it was the Danshuku potato curry bun which got me hooked~


Giant UFO Cheese Kare-Pan!

Hearty and tasty Japanese curry encased in a deep-fried bun that's crisp on the outside with a slightly chewy texture. And not to forget, the oozy creamy cheese which makes the whole combination even more oishiii.

Worth every calorie. I want to try the scallop gratin bun too!
#4 Spotted Shin Yubari Queen Melon Jelly at the counter selling caramels too, which I got as a free gift for spending more than $50 at the fair last year. It's worth trying if you don't mind forking out about $12 for a pack.
#5 The wonderful cookies from Shiroi Koibito are also available, but in limited quantities. The dark chocolate ones were already sold out when I was there on Tuesday.
#6 I'd recommend the cheesecakes too, but I didn't get any this time round as I was annoyed with the promoter for ignoring me and not handing me a sample.
#7 The last must-try here would be the wasabi furikake, which I loyally stock up every time the fair comes.
Mildly spicy, it really livens up a bowl of Japanese short-grain rice!


Summer Hokkaido Fair
18-28 June Isetan Scotts Basement
2-11 July Isetan Tampines Atrium Level 1