Applebee's $10 Weekday Lunch

Sorry for the lack of post. Life has been busy with work and work that sometimes dining out seems to be a luxury.





We decided to go to Applebee's at Somerset Triple One for lunch on a weekday last week after seeing their DBS $10 weekday lunch promotion.



With additional $3 one can get a serving of soup of the day, with a choice of Mushroom Soup and Cream of Broccoli then.

I picked their Mushroom Soup. Even though I'm a mushroom lover, I didn't quite like the bitter aftertaste it left on my tastebud.



Three Cheese Chicken Penne is on the menu every Friday for the promotion. Order it any other day you will have to folk out $12.80 more.

Loaded with Mozzarella, Provolone and Parmesan cheeses, the penne pasta was a little too creamy and heavy for me. Fortunately the fresh tangy tomatoes helped to cleanse my palate before the next bite.



Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Bowl was not my main course, but I liked it a lot. This pasta dish was relatively lighter, thanks to the presence of veggie and the choice of the creamy sauce. The shrimps were plump and bouncy, another plus point for this deletable dish.



If not for the weekday lunch promotion, the prices of the food here are quite steep, as a simple main course could easily cost $20 over. And the portions of the food are quite big, as expected for American Cuisine. After this meal, I became more convinced that these American fares are just not my cup of tea. But if you like ribs, be there on a Tuesday to enjoy their signature honey BBQ rib for $10.


Applebee's
#01-11/12 Somerset TripleOne
6735 9671