Alfero Artisan Gelato

I firmly believe that ice cream parlors should not be stingy with samples- how are customers supposed to be satisfied with their purchase if they haven't found the flavors they like? Thankfully, Alfero Artisan Gelato passes in this aspect with flying colors- the friendly staff kept handing its patrons sample after sample during my visit there!

Unlike most of its competitors, Alfero does not showcase its wares behind a glass display- it stores them in metal containers instead, which apparently help preserve the freshness of the gelato.
Not only was the service at Alfero commendable, the gelato was excellent as well. I really liked the exquisitely silky mouthfeel of its gelato- you should try it out yourself! While Coccogelo's pistachio gelato was slightly more intense in flavor, Alfero's version is unparalleled in smoothness- I can't decide which I prefer. Wanting a refreshing perk-up after dinner, I chose to have a scoop of lemon sorbet as well. Although it was decent by all measures, I'll rather go for double or even triple scoops of gelato the next time I visit Alfero!

Price: $4.50 for a small cup (1 flavor), $6.50 for a medium cup (2 flavors), $8.50 for a large cup (3 flavors)

6 Raffles Boulevard
#02-226A/B Marina Square
Opening Hours: 10am-10pm daily