梅光軒


Taking a break from my caffeinated adventure, I popped by Baikohken, one of the local ramen destinations many rave about.

チャシュウ塩ラーメン - $19

Having heard words about Baikohken being notorious of serving huge portions, I knew the rumour was true when I saw the four slabs of monster-sized meat on my Chashu Shio Ramen. Just as I was looking forward to my chashu galore, much to my disappointment, it wasn't as tender as I'd like it to be. While I found noodle texture was fine, the broth was too light (if not bland) for my likings. I recalled Gyoza no Ohsho @ Cuppage Plaza served better shio ramen.

野菜みそラーメン - $15

Knowing too well that their big portions are not for everyone's stomach, they also serve ramen in half the portion. Despite that, it was a strnggle my companion trying to finish her half-portion Yasai Ramen. Her miso broth somewhat tasted better than mine.

温泉たまご - $1.5

Given the many better ramen options, it will probably be long before I'm back again.


梅光軒
7 North Canal Road
6534 3808