First Christmas Dinner of Yr 2012 @ The Sarig Residence

02.12.2012



On saturday evening, Angela invited Hsing Hui and I over for an early Christmas celebration-cum-housewarming. We arrived at her place at Tiong Bahru at about 8.45pm, all starved and ready to feast.  Angela told us to bring a momento for her Christmas tree. What immediately came to my mind was to adorn her tree with a photo of myself! Haha! So I handmade my picture with a gold ribbon and hung it on her tree so that she would always remember me at Christmas time.

Menu:

 Strawberry and homemade chocolates as appetisers, followed by roasted scallop, prawns and asparagas. I have always loved having my meals at the Sarig's. They are so good with the seasoning and grilling. Our main item was grilled salmon accompanied with assorted grilled veggies. There were tomatoes, onion, carrots, potato and sweet potatos. Btw, Golan says in Israel sweet potatoes are called yams. It makes me wonder what they call their yams. ;) Nothing can aptly describe the taste of the food. You just have to pop by and try it out personally. I am already looking forward to my next visit.



Strawberry with homemade chocolates

Golan & Angela

Me & Angela at the Christmas Tree

Me on her tree!

A little antique table adds the touch

Grilled scallop on a bed of mash potato season with salt and pepper and dill together with asparagus and grilled prawns

Whole platter of grilled carrots, onions, sweet potatoes and potatoes

Hsing hui was so stressed upon hearing that she was going to appear on my blog, so she specially dressed for it.

Sous Chefs in conversation Angela Sarig & Golan Sarig
BTW there is something that i would like to highlight, the drawers and basin were built for their height! so if ever I am required to do the dishes, i would need a stool.!! Can you believe it?

The salmon are ready

Angela, Hsing Hui and Me

Is so YUMMY!

This honey cake is so good that I had to do the chinese way- Da Bao (Take-away)

Then at 11pm, Hsing Hui suddenly said she wanted to leave so that she could catch the public transport back home. This caught us by surprise and so we started to exchange christmas gift in a fluster.


Exchanging gifts in a fluster




A style book from Angela- definately so useful for me

After Hsing Hui left I stayed on for honey cake and more wine. And then...something happened. At 11.30pm the doorbell rang. I was thinking which neighbour of theirs would ring the doorbell at11.30pm? Then we found out it was Angela's dad. FYI, her parents live opposite her house. How convenient! Uncle happily joined in our conversation with wine and honey cake. And they made arrangement for dinner at the Sarig's again tomorrow and they are going to do roasted chicken. The discussion made me drool but I decided I had to force myself to stay home and try to study for my exams which are just round the corner.


Mr Guan pops up for a tour of the house



Thanks for reading!

By Ashley Issabelle