The Marmalade Pantry @ Orchard Ion

 
13 December 2012
 
Exams for the second semester are finally over! Just 1 more semester to go and I am free! Studying has always not been my cup of tea but to please the folks at home, it was just something I had to do. People say studying more and being more qualified may actually equate to a higher income or a job with better prospects but to me, ultimately it is what a person wants in life. And my ultimate life time goal : To be happy every day, not all day but every day.

Liteng and I went to look for Pearly for lunch and we went to The Marmalade Pantry at ION Orchard. The queue was horrendous and we had to wait for more than 30 mins! While waiting the 2 of them turned to me and asked, "Why didn’t you make reservation?" Things like this are usually done by me but I was just so swamped over the last 2 weeks that I simply had no time to make any bookings or reservations. Even the ordering of the Christmas platter from Regent Hotel for Pik Ling’s house was only done a couple of days ago too.

FYI, I really make a good PA. Those of you who need an efficient PA, please feel free to leave a comment here. Keke..

Back to lunch ....
 
2 childish women


Pearly: hmm..what should i eat leh..all looks so good...

We are both in stripes! yellow + blue = Banana in Pajamas!


This photo the main focus is not Liteng, is Pearly.... (trying to find the correct position so that she can read from her handphone clearly) Maybe i should get her a magnifying class for christmas gift? What say you?

Banana in a pajamas...

Pearly all dressed up for photo taking session.

Doing the Pik Ling style, dessert before maincourse. Lemonata Cupcake. I swear is the best cupcake i ever had.

Pearly saw a female customer busy slurping up her Seared Scallop Linguini and decided to order that. But it sadly turned out to be like “hei mee”, aka. prawn noodle.

Liteng chose the Crabmeat Linguini which she said tasted pretty normal.

I already had cravings for the Truffle Risotto many, many weeks back so I decided that I was definitely having it for lunch today. The first time I had this risotto was with Shujuan and Maggie Lim and I swear it tasted heavenly. The rice is cooked al dente with lots of mushroom and truffle oil!! Lots of shredded cheese is sprinkled on top of the rice and you are supposed to mix it in quickly so that it melts into the rice and then every bite you take is filled with the aroma of cheese. Every mouthful is so rich in flavor.... truffle, mushroom, cheese…mMmmm. Just describing it makes me drool. :p

Not enough of truffle? We ordered a plate of truffle fries to share. Piping hot from the wok and also full of truffle taste. Looking at how Pearly savored it.... you just need to believe the goodness.
 
 
 
 
Total damage for 3: $120
Verdict 3/5
 
The Marmalade Pantry (ION Orchard)
2 Orchard Turn
#03-22 to #03-34
 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
By Ashley Issabelle