Forest by Sam Leong @ RWS & WooBar @ W Hotel

 
14 December 2012

After trying the Foie Gras pumpkin rice by Sam Leong at last year’s Savor food fair, I told myself I had to visit FOREST @ RWS. And finally I had the chance. Forest is located at Equarius Hotel. We took a shuttle to Equarius Hotel from Hotel Michael’s lobby but found out later that we could have driven there directly. The shuttle only took a few minutes.


 The first impression was disappointing. With a name like Forest, I had expected to dine in a forest-like setting, dark, with lots of artificial trees and foliage. Or at least on wooden chairs but there was none of this. For a Friday night, only 4 tables were occupied, including ours. Chef Sam Leong himself was dining there with his family. Maggie asked if I wanted to take a photo with him for the blog’s sake. But after careful consideration I decided against it as I already knew my review for his restaurant was not going to be fantastic.


 


The so called Forest theme


Louise & Mako
 
Forest By Sam Leong

Palate cleanser

Champange for a celebrations to the start of the weekend!
 
 
Chicken Salad $15 - To me it tasted like CP brand’s honey chicken. The only saving grace was that the chicken was more tender.
Baked Cod $32- I liked the way the cod was char-grilled. Not only was it not fishy, it was smooth inside with a perfect tinge of crisp on the surface.
 
Champagne Pork Ribs $28 - The meat of the ribs were tough. Ribs that are well done will result in meat that separates effortlessly from the bone and melts in your mouth. But this was just a bad rack of ribs.
 

Fried Duck with Yam $32 - This was the best dish among all and we really enjoyed it.We were all not yam lovers but this dish was done sincerely.The chef first shredded the duck confit and then added it in between the yam which was then fried to golden cripsy brown and served with the home made sauce.
 

Seared Wagu Beef $68 - The most expensive dish of the night but it didnt leave a deep impression with me.
 

Crabmeat Ee Fu Noodle $38 - The noodle was al dente with chunks of crabmeat and a big crab claw on the top. My second favorite dish of the night.
 
In house promotion Citibank Visa 10% off total bill and Citibank Master 20% off total bill.
Total damage for 3 after 10% discount : $330. (Please note that all price listed are for single portions)
In my opinion, this is a place that I will not patronize again.
 
Forest
8 Sentosa Gateway
Level 1 Equarius Hotel, RWS
 
 
 
Woo Bar
Not satisfied with the dinner we decided to proceed to WooBar @ W Hotel for drinks.I had always pictured a grander W Hotel.But Louise explained that the W Hotel in Singapore has more of a resort theme and was not grand and classy like I had envisioned.We settled for a Spice Blueberry $20 for me, the Redemption $20 for Louise and Noble Martini for Mako.  .

Louise, Me & Mako

Ordering from a Korean waitress

An artistic Christmas Tree


3 Hanging eggs

Assorted nuts in a bottle

Feeling all Christmasy with the golden sequin pillow

 
Then another round of Cosmo, Whiskey Sour and Big Ls Tribute. We ended the night with laughter and joy

 
 
Total damage for 6 cocktails $150
 
W Singapore
Woo Bar
21 Ocean Way
Tel: 6808 7288